By Mike Slane
Real Madrid winger Cristiano Ronaldo is in the midst of what some may refer to as a breakdown, but his biggest rival on the pitch doesn’t want to hear about it.

Ronaldo made the shocking claim that he was unhappy with his club after refusing to celebrate his 149th and 150th goals for Los Blancos in a win over Granada on Sunday. It is unclear if the superstar is upset about his current contract situation or perhaps not winning UEFA’s best player award.
Whatever the case, Lionel Messi doesn’t wish to speculate.
“I don’t have to answer this kind of questions. You shouldn’t ask me about Cristiano,” the Barcelona player said Tuesday ahead of Argentina’s World Cup Qualifier against Paraguay. “It has nothing to do with me and I shouldn’t be answering questions about it.”
Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, said in a statement Monday that he knows the reason for Ronaldo’s discontent but that he will leave it to his 27-year-old client to disclose that information.
Ronaldo and Messi have been linked as the top two players in the world for years, but neither was chosen as Europe’s top performer in 2012 when the award was announced last week. Messi’s Barca teammate Andres Iniesta took home the trophy after helping Spain win the European Championship.
“It’s nothing to do with Iniesta,” said Ronaldo, who is training with Portugal ahead of World Cup Qualifiers. “I won’t talk about this anymore and I will concentrate on Portugal for now. There are more important things.”
Ronaldo also posted on his social network pages that it’s not about money.
” I am accused of wanting more money, but one day it will be shown that this is not the case,” he wrote. “At this point, I just want to guarantee to the Real Madrid fans that my motivation, dedication, commitment and desire to win all competitions will not be affected. I have too much respect for myself and for Real Madrid to ever give less to the club than all I am capable of.”
Ronaldo joined Madrid from Manchester United for $131 million in 2009, signing a contract that keeps him with the club until 2015. Madrid refused comment on Ronaldo’s comments when contacted by Goal.com over the weekend. Read More