As carnage continues in Gaza-A heart breaking poem penned in Palestinian newspaper


Unknown | 22:03 |

Gaza, (Pal Telegraph) - It is terrible when you lose sense of time. In Gaza we started not recognize the days of the week or even the boundaries between day and night. All what we see and recognize are the terrible scenes of devastation caused by the Israeli attacks on Gaza, the ribbed bodies of killed children.

Today I was devastated when I saw the dead body of the one year and a half – baby, Rama Al Chandi. Rama was killed by an Israeli attack on an old, already destroyed governmental prison called Al Sarayaa.
Rama, who was dressed in a red pullover was killed while she was sleeping in her purple room. When you drop a 1MT ton bomb on a place adjacent to residential places, you verily know that the neighboring houses will be destroyed and people will be killed.
This is what is happening in Gaza. The Israelis are targeting deserted and previously destroyed buildings and the results are very devastating; more victims are added to the death toll of the real holocaust the Palestinian people in Gaza are exposed to. When I saw doctors cuffing the hand of Rama, I understood that Rama was no more among us. However, I imagined Rama assuming Lazarus figure and questioning president Obama about the gift he sent for her. Here it goes:
It was dark when I had suddenly seen
What, later, I knew the Phantom F 16
I smiled for the lovely gift,
Uncle Sam finds for me fit.
It might be a doll?
A swing,
for me to push and pull?
It roared down as a hell
I never heard of or smell.
First, I thought it July 4th
When fireworks are sent forth,
It might be then my birthday,
Ah, but it is not yet Good Friday
Tell me Uncle Sam what I have seen
Is it a doll or the hideous F 16?
To Uncle Jacob you gave for free
To end my Lovely and Rosy Reverie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment